Diane is a trained primary teacher with a Graduate Diploma in Music Education. She taught for many years in the classroom, later focusing on classroom music, science and special needs. Diane also worked on festivals for many years – managing and programming. She then managed her husband’s entertainment and music resource business.
Diane’s writing career began in her 50’s. She co-authored a series of ukulele books Uke’n Play Ukulele which now has been released worldwide. Her interest in writing picture books was sparked when she became a grandma and she took short courses and workshops to learn the craft.
UKE’N PLAY UKULELE series – book with play along audio, published by Music Sales Ltd. Australia and UK.
- Uke’n Play Ukulele
- Uke’n Play Ukulele for Kids
- Uke’n Play Supa Easy Ukulele
- Uke’n Play Easy Ukulele
- Uke’n Play Ukulele – Omnibus Edition
- Uke’n Play Christmas Ukulele
- Uke’n Play Ukulele Classroom Teachers’ Kit
Uke’n Play Ukulele Kit – Ukulele and book/CD – released by Hinkler Books.
- #HarmonyTweet – Illustrated Aimee Dickson
- Annabel’s Dance – Illustrated Lois Bury, published Wombat Books
- Chooks in Dinner Suits – a tale of big dogs and little penguins – Illustrated Craig Smith, published Museum Victoria
- Baby Band – Illustrated Giuseppe Poli, published New Frontier
- Windcatcher – Illustrated Craig Smith, published CSIRO
SCWBI, Australian Society of Authors, Writers Victoria
CBI Clubhouse & 12×12 (US)
MANUSCRIPT PRIZES WON
‘Beat It!’ – CYA Conference Brisbane 2012: Non-Fiction Picture Book, 3rd prize.
‘Annabel’s Dance’ (Annabel Dances Her Dance) – Kids Book Review 2013: Unpublished Picture Book Award, Highly Commended
‘Fiddle Faddle’ (Farm Rap) – CYA Conference Brisbane 2015:Pre-school Picture Book, 1st prize.